Day 57 – Working on the 3D Printer

WP_20161128_15_45_51_Pro.jpg
Math 8 – I kept working in the Printrbot Simple 3D printers today. It’s been hard finding the time to get them working. I had to replace one y-axis that was bent. Once I had done this, I realized that the extruder fan on the other printer had also been broken. It is difficult to find time to work on them, with all of the other tasks I have to do.

In the meantime, I have modeled a Greenland paddle in Onshape. The model has 4 variables that the students will have to measure and scale, in order to have a scaled model of a paddle. From there, the students will print out their paddle.

greenland.PNG

Advertisements

Day 45 – 3D Printers Unpacked

WP_20161115_16_01_30_Pro.jpg
Math – Today I unpacked the two 3D Printers that arrived. I ordered 2 refurbished “Simple” printers from Printrbot. I’m not entirely sure when I will get time to set them up though. I think the fume hood will be a great place for them, as the exhaust can easily handle any smells and the sash window can help block noise.

WP_20161116_09_33_15_Pro.jpg
Unfortunately it looks like one of the printer’s extruders is at an angle. I don’t know if this causes problems or not, so I will try to get a hold of Printrbot and see what they have to say.